• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Nice '66 Alpine on Craigslist...

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Interesting choice of screen to body seal....
Yeah, I noticed that… and into the door as well!

Can’t say I’m a fan of the tan dash and crash pad, either. And the seats are waaay wrong, too. But on the whole, it looks like a fair amount of work went into it.

The flat-black top latches are interesting… makes me feel like I’m in a Miata, though.

IMG_4822.jpeg

Last edited:

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't like the look of the rear gas line from the crossover. Looks like rubber with no clamps
in sight!

Asm109

Donation Time
The gas line is a proper metal tube with compression fittings. Its just covered with a loose rubber sleeve.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
The gas line appears to be copper tubing with a rubber sleeve. Copper tubing is subject to work hardening and failure without warning. Not my cup of tea.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I note the hood does not seem right at the front.
Also the heater is not stock the deflector mounted on the tranny tunnel is series 1 or 2.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
"If considering one of these this is one of the best examples available"

Sounds like the seller is kin to PT Barnum...

alpine_64

Donation Time
I didn't really comment on my thoughts of the car given how much I find "not my cup of tea"...

The owner seems to have spent a lot of time colour coding things like trans mounts, brackets and miscellaneous stuff to the car rather than buying correct seals.. fittings etc...

I wonder what the ratio of deliberate personalisation to "fxkk it just use this" actually is given the fairly haphazard nature of the mods.

It's a lot of money for a car that is personalised seemingly without a consistent theme or style .. just "what I have that fits ... Or sort of fits " approach...

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Value of personalizations..
Case in point...
Black GT Tiger sold several times...
Every time it was back to Dale or others becoming more stock at every twist and flip...
These posts are nice... Here's a suggestion box ...
Section called Bring a Pinata....
Cross posted non member cars like this, or the Fugly " No accounting for ___" posting.
Oh wait there's already Bring a Trailer;)