• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Wizard Radiator Installed

jfcroni

Donation Time
Here's my nice clean engine compartment!

Attachments

• 20171129_092216.jpg
    20171129_092216.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Eng Comp.jpg
    Eng Comp.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 119
  • eng comp 2.jpg
    eng comp 2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 66
  • grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Wow ! Very nice, I thought mine looked pretty good, until I saw this one.
Tom j

jfcroni

Donation Time
Not too much data yet. I live in the Chicago area, so no more hot days for a while. I've been running the engine in my heated garage with an exhaust tube to outside... and so far the heat gauge is one or two thicknesses to the cool side after running for long periods.

I'll let you know how well it keeps the engine cool as soon as it get warm again.

The rad is a direct fit from Wizard... not cheap... but I'm hopeful it will solve the overheating issues I have in the hot summer traffic. Even sitting in my garage in the past... while tuning the engine and allowing to idle for 15 -20 minutes, it would start getting hot. That is not happening now.

raceatr3

Donation Time
Will it fit a 63?

Judging by the measurements it seems the mounting holes don't quite line up in the 63 Alpine.

jfcroni

Donation Time
Wizard builds on demand. I called them for my order. I had them weld on stand-offs in case i want to add a shroud later (which they can also build). If you order one, tell them what you want and where the holes/slots are located. The holes on mine lined up fine though.