• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New to the club

Tom's67

Donation Time
Hello all,

My name is Tom and I am soon to gain possession of a '67 Alpine from my father in law. He has had it parked in a shed for a number of years and it will require a fair amount of restoration. The wiring has been fooled with, the fenders are off, there may not be a top, the tanks have been removed, and when it last ran it reportedly smoked quite a bit, among other problems I have no knowledge of. It will be quite a task for me since I have two very young children, little funds, and even less automotive knowledge. But I can read and ask questions so hopefully in a few years... (Maybe in time for my four-year-old to drive the prom queen around the football field.) My motivation for the Alpine restoration, rather than another type of car, is that my father who passed away a few years ago had a white one that I remember riding in fondly as a young boy. Hopefully, my young sons will have the same memories some day. Anyway, wish me luck and don't get tired of my questions.

Regards,

Tom

mikephillips

Donation Time
Welcome. Have no worries in asking questions, those of us who've been down that road are happy to share. And don't hesitate to use the search function too, might find a quicker answer that way than waiting for a response.

Where, in general terms, are you located?? We have members all across the US and world, there might be helping hands close by as well.

Tom's67

Donation Time
I live in southern NJ. I have seen a couple of Alpines on the road when the weather is good so there might be others in the general area. Thanks

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Welcome to SAOCA. You will find lots of help, lots of hints and hundreds (thousands) of helpful people who are very willing to share ideas and expertise.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Tom

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet. Ask away. I did. Plenty of help here.

chauncie

Donation Time
Welcome. Have no worries in asking questions, those of us who've been down that road are happy to share. And don't hesitate to use the search function too, might find a quicker answer that way than waiting for a response.

Where, in general terms, are you located?? We have members all across the US and world, there might be helping hands close by as well.
My name is Rocky and I have a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine that someone placed a V6 automatic in. Going to put a Nardi steering wheel but hit a bump. Been told I need a steering wheel adapter and a screw set and a hub ring adaptor. When I went to order the steering wheel figured they could help me. Checked with Slide industries JHPUSA and evasive motorsports and not one could help. So here I am figuring someone out there has put a Nardi steering wheel on their car and they can lead me. Thank you Rocky

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just ran across this POST and believe it dropped through the cracks:eek:

Does anyone know if chauncie got an answer to his question (more than 4 years ago) ?

DanR

P.S. His Birthday is today! I did a search on him and found this post with out a viable answer.....