• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Photo Caption Contest - Winner Receives Free Invasion Registration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Announcing a new photo caption contest, this time the prize being a free registration to Invasion 2008 for the lucky winner (a $65 value).

Contest period begins today, June 9, and runs to the 20th. That's two full weeks to submit your well-crafted photo captions. The prize is transferrable, so if you happen to win but can't make the Invasion you're welcome to award it to someone else. No, you can't have the cash equivalent!

I chose a famous still from the movie Butterfield 8. Elizabeth Taylor has just received another parking ticket on the windshield of her beautiful Carnival Red Series I Alpine. Those who have seen the movie know that at the end, the car and the girl end up in pieces.

Anyway, have fun. I chose something a little more difficult this time, so put on your thinking caps and let's see those witty submissions.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Butterfield 8.jpg
    Butterfield 8.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 105

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
"Ugh. I knew I should never have accepted that drink from Mr. Silverstein. Now he keeps leaving me notes on my windshield!"

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
The note on the windshield reads:

"Is this one of those cars that can go in the water?"

dmich2

Donation Time
"Damnit. Another one of Richard's bar bills !!!!!! @*&%# He may not have been afraid of Virginia Wolfe, but he better fear ME. "

jack Bacon

Donation Time
New Photo Caption Contest

"Why can't he put the grocery list in my purse! And why do we need so much oil?"

Regards,

Jack

jack Bacon

Donation Time
New Photo Caption Contest

"I've had more fun in the back seat of a '39 Ford" (line from the movie)

Regards,

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.