• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New member saying hello.

Ray62pine

Donation Time
Greetings all, I am a true gearhead of all cars. I have a bunch of them.

I fell into buying a series 2, for $100.00 10 days ago.

Was wrecked in 1972 and apparently stored. Nice nearly rust free car. Was missing the carbs, and radiator, and headlight trim rings.

I then attended the TU38 here in sac last weeken. Bought a pair of fresh chromed headlight trim eyebrows for 150.00.

Two days later bought a series 1 complete motor for 150. $. IT runs perfect with 50 lbs oil at idle, no blow by at all.

My research seems to indicate a 1988 pontiac v6 fiero radiator is nearly a direct fit for the stock motor. 99$ at summit.

I hope the carbs will fit the series 2 motor from the series 1. I think it will run.

I have pulled most all the dents from front end and I can save all the metal.

I hope to cruise it with stock motor till I can find time to v6 ford it.

Looking forward to enjoying this little car and fellow owners. Ray

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Welcome to Alpine ownership and to the forum. Your car sounds like a great find and it will be terrific to get it back on the road after all of these years.

You will find the answer to just about anything here, but you have already provided some new information, at least for me. I don't think I have ever heard that the Fiero radiator is a close fit for a stock engine. Please be sure to provide an update (and some photos!) when you have it installed.

Ray62pine

Donation Time
Thanks for welcome,

The fiero radiator measures 24 5/8 wide and 16 9/16 tall.
Has top driver side inlet bottom pass side outlet.

I know I will have to fab up some mounts. I will share pics.