• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Member and New Alpine Owner

CRBASIN

Donation Time
I just won an ebay auction for a 1967 Alpine. The seller is LA Car collection.

I will post further information on the car when it arrives, and I am sure I will have plenty of questions.

For now:

1. Can I install three point seatbelts and would a rollbar help with this? There is one on Craigslist near me.

2. I will need a new front bumper. Any suggestions? Can anyone recommend parts suppliers?

Thanks

John
Silver Spring MD

alpine_64

Donation Time
Congratulations on joining the alpine community. The aloinrs have mounting provision for 3 point belts from the factory so no worries there, roll bars ( likely a show bar) are not needed for this and are a personal preference for what you want to do.

A wanted add o. The forum will get you some second hand bumpers, there are stainless teptos available from Vietnam but they are not 100% correct and definitely nitvas strong in an incident so won't do their intended job.

john.hemsath

Diamond Level Sponsor
Welcome to the SAOCA John!

Like me, you will likely find the knowledge base of the membership, indispensable. I'm a fairly new member also, having joined just last June.

Good luck with your new toy.
John.hemsath

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi John,

Welcome to the community and the car appears to be a good buy.

An earlier post was correct that the front and rear bumpers are interchangeable but the brackets are different.

Regards, Mark ..... volvoguys

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Trying to get a set of new bumpers a few years ago, I tried the ones that were stainless steel, never again, too flimsy.

Best to rechrome.

DanR