• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New and forgot to post pictures

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
Howdy, everybody. I'm Matt and I just purchased my modified 1963 Alpine on Saturday. More pictures will follow as this youngster will need help figuring out what the hell he bought but for now this is what I'm working with. Thank you in advance for all the help!

Matt

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Dash 2_resized_resized.jpg
    Dash 2_resized_resized.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 70
  • Front_resized.jpg
    Front_resized.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Rear_resized.jpg
    Rear_resized.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Work_resized.jpg
    Work_resized.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 74

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Matt, Nice car! Reminds me of Robbie's (socorob) on this board. He sold his V6 Alpine and got a 280Z. What have you got for a motor, transmission, brakes, rear axle? More pictures?

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
This is most of the info that I have. I'll post more pictures when I get it on the lift at work. Also, is anyone able to tell me what this steering column cover and turn signal indicator came from? The indicator has a bulb in the tip, is lit when driving, blinks with the corresponding signal, and is not self-cancelling

Attachments

• 20170504_223924-358x636.jpg
    20170504_223924-358x636.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20170504_215717-637x358.jpg
    20170504_215717-637x358.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 61

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
And ya know what? I'm pretty sure it's the same car. The P.O. said he bought it from a very honest gentleman in LA. It's a shame he's not active; I have lots of questions

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Click on Members List and look for SOCOROB. Every post he ever made will be listed. He was very happy with the car except for horsepower. As I remember, it dyno'ed at about 140 and he wanted 200, seriously contemplated installing a Duratec, but decided it would be easier (with more power) to do a V8 into a 280.

Bill

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Matt, I thought that was the same car. I helped Robbie figure out the Mazda RX7 brakes and Ford Contour rear rotors. We were discussing trying to improve the front suspension with Mustang II coilovers and dropping the fulcrum pins lower for more camber gain before he sold it. There are some You Tube videos of him autocrossing the car also. He also posted frequently on the BritishV8 site. He has an LS V8 in the Z car so plenty of power now. Keep us posted.

Last edited:

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Howdy, everybody. I'm Matt and I just purchased my modified 1963 Alpine on Saturday. More pictures will follow as this youngster will need help figuring out what the hell he bought but for now this is what I'm working with. Thank you in advance for all the help!

Matt

Nice looking car.

So you know, you have a series II. 63 models are usually equated with series III.

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
This is true. I had to do a side-by-side comparison through pictures to figure it out. I also found out last night that I now own Robbie's old car so I've been reading through all of old posts and learning what he did so far. There's a couple of fit-and-finish things that I can do at the moment but I'll be getting a new paint job and some rechroming in the near future

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Remember he has a quite few posts on the BritishV8 site. They have a growing Sunbeam section also. He is on HybridZ site now.

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'd like to thank him

Jim,

Would you happen to know his handle on HybridZ? I'd love to tell him I'm the proud new owner of his fine work and to let him know she's in great hands.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Matt, Sure. Same on all the boards: socorob. He would like hearing his old car has a nice home.

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
Excellent. Looks like I may have to create a profile to get in touch. I also have some questions regarding some engine parts that came with it, like a cam, rods, and lifters. Another question: Jow do I go about removing the steering column shroud? Obviously it's 2 pieces but I must be overlooking a bolt or screw somewhere because it's really on there. I'd like to touch it up and lube up the turn signal.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Excellent. Looks like I may have to create a profile to get in touch. I also have some questions regarding some engine parts that came with it, like a cam, rods, and lifters. Another question: Jow do I go about removing the steering column shroud? Obviously it's 2 pieces but I must be overlooking a bolt or screw somewhere because it's really on there. I'd like to touch it up and lube up the turn signal.

Just pull them apart, each half uses 2 spring "detents" that surround the steering column.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Only one side has springs. Are you going to Cambria ? If you don't know about, click on the top right corner of this site.
Hope to see you there.

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
I was being too gentle at first but I got it outta there. Thank you for the help. I would absolutely love to. Cambria is one of my favorite places in the world but i may have to attend a weddinh that weekend. Is registration and whatnot still open?

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
Motor Mount Replacement Recommendations

So I was wiping the engine down a little bit and I noticed the RH motor mount is pretty much bursting at the seams and appears to be cut in half. There is also about a 1mm gap between the bolt head and washer. I tried tightening a few turns to no avail. I checked out the LH motor mount and the bottom bushing is nonexistent and it looks like I can almost put my pinky in that gap. Can someone point me in the right direction of the replacement process and/or the best mounts to replace them with? I have a feeling a lift would make it much easier. Thank you in advance!

Matt

Attachments

• 20170507_002302-662x372.jpg
    20170507_002302-662x372.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20170507_001935-690x388.jpg
    20170507_001935-690x388.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 35

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Matt,

You can get a set of original motor mounts from Rich Gordon, (gordonra on this forum). Send him an email from the forum and he will contact you. If you can't contact him, drop me an email and I will send you hid email adress.

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thank you very much, Jose. Are original mounts better quality than whatever else is out there or is it a matter of convenience?I'll contact him but I'm just curious. Also, I believe I read that Robbie had your kit installed and I was wondering how much of an ordeal it would be to remove the headers. I'm considering having them coated at some point and I'd like to save some money if I can.

Thank you,

Matt