• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Needed Later Series Hardtop Part

jpeifer53

Donation Time
Looking for a Left Hand Rear Hard Top to Trunk Hinge Locating Pin Block.
I have an extra Right Hand Block for possible exchange. Screws are sheared off but I am in process of removing.
If you know of anyone who has one, or even if it has the screws sheared off in the block please let me know.

Thanks

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Have you checked with Sunbeam Supreme in the UK? Their web site appears to list the part.
http://www.sunbeamsupreme.co.uk/

Go into "Alpine and Tiger Parts" then "Hard Top and Fittings"

The left and right locator parts appear to be under "Code A/38/261/2". 262 being left side and 261 being right side.

Mike

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I don't believe anyone reproduces those rear pin blocks. The part that Hartmann is referring to I believe is the locator for the Toggle clamps for the windshield frame.

Have you checked with Sunbeam Supreme in the UK? Their web site appears to list the part.
http://www.sunbeamsupreme.co.uk/

Go into "Alpine and Tiger Parts" then "Hard Top and Fittings"

The left and right locator parts appear to be under "Code A/38/261/2". 262 being left side and 261 being right side.

Mike

jpeifer53

Donation Time
Hard top Locator part

Mike and Paul,

Thanks for the input.
I checked on the web site and found the parts which look to be the item that I am looking for but they say "Price on applicability".
I have sent an email to them to find out availability of this part (A38/262) LH part.
I will let you know what I find out if they respond.
Thanks again for both of your input.

Jack

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Did you get a response? I have not had much luck with these "over the pond" distributors. (At least answering emails)

jpeifer53

Donation Time
Nothing yet

Paul,
Nothing so far but I just sent an Email Friday. I tried once to send it through the email link they had on their website but that was wrong and it bounced back right away.
I'll let you know when and if I link up with them.
I did order a part from West Midlands in the UK and did get very good response from them. Part has super long lead time and is pretty pricey but what are you going to do. Top is too good to scrap out.

Jack

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looking for a Left Hand Rear Hard Top to Trunk Hinge Locating Pin Block.
I have an extra Right Hand Block for possible exchange. Screws are sheared off but I am in process of removing.
If you know of anyone who has one, or even if it has the screws sheared off in the block please let me know.

Thanks

Jack, I found one of the "PINS" I had made for the Hard Top rear to trunk hinge...

They were made of stainless steel 5/16 - 20 threads

Here are a couple PIC's if you can see them, My PIC's don't always come out very good.

Man, I am looking forward to Greggers getting the new site up and running soon:D

Attachments

• 20170725_094110 (600x360).jpg
    20170725_094110 (600x360).jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20170725_093925.jpg
    20170725_093925.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 34

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Dan,
I think he was looking for the entire block/ w Pin. But that's interesting that you made some. There were two different types of pins, some rounded and some more pointed like the ones you made. And they do wear. So do you have a supply of these if I ever need one?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Paul, I had a few sets made several years ago. Gave one set as a gift to a good friend. Replaced two sets in my Hard Tops that were bad and currently have a set (The ones in the PIC's).

My thoughts are to have some made and offer to the Sunbeam crowd as cheaply as possible.

-

jpeifer53

Donation Time
Hard top Locator Blocks

Just like you thought Paul, No response from the company over in England that showed the Hardtop Locator Blocks on the web site.
No response from members of available parts on the forum here either.
I guess I will just have to fabricate some out of steel and have chromed. I may end up making up extra pcs. so in the end I may have a couple of sets.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Just like you thought Paul, No response from the company over in England that showed the Hardtop Locator Blocks on the web site.
No response from members of available parts on the forum here either.
I guess I will just have to fabricate some out of steel and have chromed. I may end up making up extra pcs. so in the end I may have a couple of sets.

There are plenty of hinge pin blocks out there. Far more than the rusted shells that are no longer around needing parts. PM me or email me and I will give you a couple contacts that will have what you need.

Paul

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thats honeybourne moldings in uk. Lots of the uk giys use them, especially the race guys.

I was surprised at the fitting issues he had as i know a few people with them that didnt have such problems. Could be variation car to car depending whats happened over the years.. Windscreen angle etc. Maybe just unlucky on that top.