• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Needed: Chrome Hand Brake/Parking Brake Assembly-Series II

NN LeMans

Donation Time
I am in need of a functioning chrome hand brake assembly for a Series II Alpine. Actually what I really need is the Return Spring-Fulcrum Lever: (Part No. 503729, Plate B-pg 82, Plate Reference BC89-pg 87 of the Sunbeam Alpine Parts List). The pawl on my handbrake engages when pulled without a problem but will not release when the button is pushed as there is no spring. Any diagram or picture of the spring in place would be helpful as I have no spring or pieces and I haven't figured out a way to McGuyver it.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
The spring is used to keep the pawl engaged with the gear. The button is directly attached to a rod, which when pushed, disengages the pawl from the gear so you can release the brake. Rod bent or disconnected?

Mike

NN LeMans

Donation Time
Thanks for the note. I believe all the connecting rods and bell cranks are hooked up right, but I will check the next time I pull it. I do know there is no return spring present and I am not sure how it is placed on the hand brake. The parts list shows the spring but doesn't show its placement. Would you happen to have a drawing, diagram or photo of the spring in place on the assembly?

Howard

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I just added a spring to mine, and it worked good. The weld is from pulling it to hard to stop the car when the brakes when out, it did stop it.
RIMG0636-L.jpg

NN LeMans

Donation Time
Thanks for the picture and innovative repair. I have been able to find a functioning used one. Thanks to all the support and comments.