• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need Weber advice

James7

Silver Level Sponsor
I have a Weber DFV bolted to a log style manifold, working on adapting linkage to it. This carb is the mirror image of a dgv so the throttle has to rotate opposite of every one I’ve seen so far. Should I even attempt it? Was going to flip the linkage over and try that.

James7

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks, yes I would if it comes to that, it would require some carb shaft adapter and brackets for sure.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Anyone recommend any certain kits?? Thanks
You'll probably have to find something generic. I don't recall but a couple of inquiries about installing a DFV and only think I recall one who reported back. IIRC, that owner converted to using a cable.

I know the firewall linkage mount for the sV is not mounted to match the DGV or DFV needs.

Would a pic of the standard style carb END of the linkage help?

Just curious, do you have any idea what engine the DFV was specified for originally?

Hope this helps,

James7

Silver Level Sponsor
Yes thanks for the help, the carb and manifold came from a third party many years ago, I am wondering if it could be mg? I will see what I can do with this thing, I could put the original carbs on but they’ve been sitting about 20 years

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am wondering if it could be mg?

I think it's a coincidence, but DFV carbs are almost always on a Ford product. I think MG's, both B's and Midgets, always used side draft carbs - either SU's or CD Z-S.

I noticed this picture in an add in another thread. I've never considered mounting a carb in this reversed orientation, but it might help you make a functional linkage. You'll notice this was modified to a cable linkage.

Just a thought,

James7

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks that looks like it would work. For around $300 I can get a correct Weber and save some hassle, maybe will do that. Then I would have better choke cable linkage than my current carb. Thanks again

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
James,
Getting the correct Weber will improve on any standard Alpine carb set up. If you really want to improve the car look at Alpine Innovations 'Club Weber Carb set up'. This is a curved inlet manifold mounted to a twin choke DGV that is pre-jetted to Alpine spec. It comes complete with all of the linkage and mounting brackets and once fitted you can just forget about it.
It is an amazing piece of kit that improves performance in every way. Economy is so much better that it actually pays for itself quite quickly too!

Tim R