• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need Left early style seat release lever and info

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
I am looking for a left early style seat release lever. Also hope someone may know what and when these levers were used.

Attachments

• 20230322_013555071_iOS.jpg
    20230322_013555071_iOS.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
They lock the seat back when you tilt it forward or back. Pretty sure I've got 1 kicking around, I will look and get back to you.
Jeff

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
Curious what model year these were used for. Also, is the 'tooth brush' recliner gear 'thing' the same for both early and later seat release lever styles (that was probably a better way to ask my question).

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Correct me if I am wrong bt I think series 1 and 2 were fixed back seats, thus no ratchet/lever to change positions

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks, FYI I have never paid a lot of attention fo seat release handles and wondering if these were used in early Mk1 Tigers and if so when was transition to the more common flat wide seat release levers. Or, maybe no Tigers at all and for Series 3 Alpines ? Assume there is more to this story and hoping somone knows

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
The Alpine and Tiger Parts Manuals are a good resource for researching which parts were used and when.

1679669687569.png
Your handle looks like parts 190 & 191 in the diagram.

1679669830108.png
This is from the body fittings section of the manual for series 3 and later. No differentiation is listed for B190 & B191, so I'd conclude the same part was used for series 3, 4, and 5.

The Tiger parts manual does not list any part numbers for the front seats. Therefore, I assume the Tigers had the same seats as the Alpines.

Series 1 & 2 seats do not appear to have any adjustment.
1679670039035.png

Mike

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mike,

Iirc the adjustment lever did change to a slightly shorter version on the later seats.
The parts picture you post does show a later type microcell seat as the diaphragm is shown.
I wonder if the lever supercede isn't picked up in the manual.
The alpine and tiger did use the same seat except for the MKII tiger which used the same frames and squabs but had different seat covers

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am looking for a left early style seat release lever. Also hope someone may know what and when these levers were used.
Mike,

Iirc the adjustment lever did change to a slightly shorter version on the later seats.
The parts picture you post does show a later type microcell seat as the diaphragm is shown.
I wonder if the lever supercede isn't picked up in the manual.
The alpine and tiger did use the same seat except for the MKII tiger which used the same frames and squabs but had different seat covers
To the best of my knowledge, and as supported by Mike's illustrations above, there were no differences in the base's handle from Series 3 to the end of production (including Tiger). My publication 6600992 is dated June 1968 and makes no mention of differences or revised (superseded) part numbers.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Actually the early style S3 seats had the type of handle shown, the later ones had more metal rounded at the square and were shorter by a little.