• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need a set of Stomberg 150's

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mine are leaking around the throttle shafts. Does anyone have a good set that they know are not leaking and can replace mine? I have a good home for them!

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thank You

I missed that ad. He had sent me a PM and I found a set for a Jag and not his. I have PM'd him again. Appreciate the heads up and the link!

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Mine are leaking around the throttle shafts. Does anyone have a good set that they know are not leaking and can replace mine? I have a good home for them!

Is it fuel or air that is leaking around the throttle shafts?

If it's just air leaking IN, the chances of picking up a pair of old, used carbs that don't leak are pretty slim. The majority of the wear (at least on mine) was on the throttle shafts, not the bushings. I vaguely recall measuring about .004-.005 of wear. Shafts are relatively easy to replace compared to bushings, which don't always cooperate when you try to remove them.

If fuel is leaking OUT, your needle valves are probably shot. Or, far less likely, both floats have developed leaks and "sunk."

I've seen very few sets of 150s on eBay that were advertised as recently rebuilt, and almost none with replaced bushings/shafts. You're likely to have to go thru the same rebuild steps on a "new" set as you would on your current 150s.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
It's air

I never did understand the bushings thing, I looked another old set I have and there are no bushings around the throttle shafts. Well, I put a bid in, we'll see.