• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need a Clutch Cover for 62 Alpine

Lons 62

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have been trying to locate a clutch cover (actually I need the kit, but I have located everything except the cover from Victoria British) for my 62 Alpine SII. The stampings on the current cover indicate Borg & Beck, TYPE 8AS. Thanks in advance for help or direction!

*** Turns out I don't need one after all. Mine was fine. ****

Last edited:

mikephillips

Donation Time
The early clutch cover can be hard to find as it isn't the same height as the later one. Don't know about now but Sunbeam Specialties was at one point selling the later one with the early clutch kit. The problem then being that the release bearing fork then needed the later pedestal to compensate for the difference in height. If you don't have the right mix of parts, clutch release will be a problem.