• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My Series IV Driver's Side Window shattered - Who Can Fix It For Me?

tvoltagg

Silver Level Sponsor
This is a slightly modified version of my post from this morning, because I put in the Modified forum instead of the Stock forum. My mistake.

My name is Tom Voltaggio and an owner of a Series IV Alpine B9403872 I purchased in 1970. The car is a bit odd because the previous owner replaced the stock single Solex carb for the twin Stromberg 150CDs that were stock on the Series V. I drove it to work and around town for 45 years and the body was restored twice. It was purchased in Ft Worth, Texas and I drove it to my job move to suburban Chicago and then on the Cherry Hill, NJ, near Philadelphia.

Since 2017, I've been storing my car. It was running fine at the time. Several years after storage in my garage, the driver's side window shattered when I closed the door too hard. It totally disintegrated. It's still sitting where it happened. I'm not sure who can replace or create a new window. I believe the window raising and lowering mechanism still works, so someone just has to replace or create a window within the door.

Is there a location where it can fixed or replaced commercially? Windshield replacer doing side work? A window creator and installer? This is not work I can do myself. Can anyone give me advice on how and/or where it can be replaced?

Tom Voltaggio
tom@voltaggio.net

1708260356644.jpeg

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Suggest you place a post in the parts wanted section of the FORUM. I'm sure someone will have spare side-window glass available.
Not too hard to replace, but if your not up to it, once you have the glass No doubt a local shop could handle.
Cheers, nice looking Alp.
Bob

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Either sunalp or volvoguys which are both members here on the SAOCA Forum are possibly near you. Both are fully capable of fixing your window and perhaps providing a glass.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Suggest you place a post in the parts wanted section of the FORUM. I'm sure someone will have spare side-window glass available.
Not too hard to replace, but if your not up to it, once you have the glass No doubt a local shop could handle.
Cheers, nice looking Alp.
Bob
Tom's early Series IV driver side door glass pane is identical to the Series. But if he locates glass with a bottom track attached, he must make sure it is for the left side and from a round-corner door. Square- and round-door window parts may look the same, but they aren't, and using the wrong bottom track will result in a sloppy window or a handle that binds.