• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mustang II parts needed.

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I am in need of the two lower (front and rear) water necks that attach to the front and rear of the water pump. The Bronco II engine parts are a slightly different bolt pattern than the Mustang II. I have checked every wrecking yard in my county and no one Mustang II available.

Thanks,

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
mustangii_madman (eBay name)

He had a bunch of 2.8 stuff, including that rear water bypass thingum, last week, but I can't find it listed now. He's worth checking. That thermostat housing was really hard to find, as I recall. I have a Bronco II one that someone handy with aluminum welding could probably modify to fit. It would be a matter of moving one of the bolt holes and angling the neck.

Now that I think of it, britbeam may have the front one. I got the back one from him, and I think he had one of the front ones as well. Ask Dwain.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Rob,

Jim Ellis has gotten new ones from NAPA. You might want to check with them. I understand that they will probably need to order them.

Jose :)

Jim E

Donation Time
Napa does list them but there is an issue... the replacement necks are not alloy but cast iron. So the rear piece would be fine but not sure how modifing the front nect would go it being cast iron. I might have one set of necks let me look.

sharong

Donation Time
Mustang II parts needed

I got exact replacements for all the water outlets, top and bottom, front and back, from Schuck’s. Alloy and fit right.

Front bottom Part Number: 84861 18.99
Front bottom Part Number: 31415 16.99

They even had them in stock, no waiting.
Sharon

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I got exact replacements for all the water outlets, top and bottom, front and back, from Schuck’s. Alloy and fit right.

Front bottom Part Number: 84861 18.99
Front bottom Part Number: 31415 16.99

They even had them in stock, no waiting.
Sharon
Thanks Sharon!! You're a life saver.

Jose :D

P.S.
How is your Alpine coming alomg?

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Wish I'd known about Shuck's. By the way, this uses three long bolts that go into the rear outlet. As I recall, two of the rear outlet's holes are threaded but one isn't, and I couldn't find a metric bolt long enough for that hole, which has to be longer than the other two. Intead I just got a longish threaded rod and put nuts and lock washers on either end, cutting off the excess.

My latest goof was using an extra head bolt I had to attach the harmonic balancer/crank pulley. I could feel it seizing about halfway in but decided to forge ahead with cross threading it rather than pull it out. Anyway, it's in firmly, but I hope I never have to pull it, for that'll mean retapping the inside of the end of the crankshaft. For some reason, the correct bolt here is the same length and diameter as a head bolt, but it's fine-thread. Duh.

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Awesome.
Don't have a Schucks here in Utah but their page looks alot like Checker. I will check NAPA tomorrow and if they don't have them easily I will order on line at Schucks.

Thanks,

sharong

Donation Time
Mustang II parts needed

The long bolts are metric. It has been a while since I put mine in, but I think the 2 shorter ones are 70mm long and the longer one is 90 mm. I think they were 4mm round. We have a tractor supply/repair store in town and I can get just about any type of bolt needed. It you have a agricultural CO-OP give them a try for the bolts. All three holes on the back cover were threaded on mine so all three bolts screwed into the back cover.

Jose, the car is coming along. All body work done and painted. Drive train is in and complete. New exhaust front to back installed and complete. Front end rebuilt and all new braking system installed. Working on the wiring now, complete new wiring harness going in. New upholstery done, new dash done getting there slowly but now I can now actually envision driving this little rocket.

Sharon

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
CSK = Checker/Shucks/Kragen. Pretty much the same.

Hint. Use caution when torqing the water neck pieces down, especially the ones you spent money having modified. Why do I know?