• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mustang Farm....

agmason

Donation Time
Most of the cars are probably too far gone to restore. Storing a car outside in norhtern climates for 30+ years tends to make them rot.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Agreed. But 260 engine parts are getting thin on the ground (sorry... bad pun) and they should be easily salvageable from some of these hulks.

64beam

Donation Time
It's enough to make a grown man cry :( . What a shame it wasn't found before the rust set in. I can only imagine what the Mustang fans are thinking. Even a lonely MGB got in there.

Regards, Robin

mikephillips

Donation Time
from what I swa I wouldn't expect to find much of anything in the way of specific 260 parts. Looks like probably 6 bolt 289 and early 302 would be more likely.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
It's enough to make a grown man cry :( . What a shame it wasn't found before the rust set in. I can only imagine what the Mustang fans are thinking. Even a lonely MGB got in there.

Regards, Robin

Robin, you underestimate our climate. Rust had probably "set in" on 90% of the cars before they went to this boneyard. It happens all the time, a car gets a little tired but is too rusty to justify the expense of bringing it back, so it gets parked.

Bill

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
You have to remember that the 260 was only run in the Mustang from it's introduction in April '64 to about August '64. After that it was the 289.