• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

MkII eyebrow

gordonra

Donation Time
(Also posted in the Tiger section)
I met a guy tonight that is looking for an eyebrow for a Mark II Tiger that he's restoring.

Apparently these are much wider than an Alpine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Rich

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
When you say "eyebrow" are you referring to the head light trim, or the upper grill trim. I usually think of the "eyebrow" as a headlight trim.

Sounds to me like he is looking for one of the MKII upper grill trims, which are not the same as Alpines or other Tigers. They are wider. Like Paul said... very rare. That falls into the unobtanium category. It's even rarer to find one that isn't damaged.

gordonra

Donation Time
Yes, it is the upper grill chrome.

I really don't know anything about Tigers other than they had V8's and some mods that make it fit.

This fellow has one that is in pretty tough shape, and he told me that they are pretty rare.

Just thought I'd check with folks here as a courtesy to him.

Rich

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
There is a company in California that can restore these stainless pieces. I would have to dig out the name if you want me to. If you have the original, even dented up, it would be best to send it out and redone.

Steve

gordonra

Donation Time
Thanks Steve,

If you run accross the name that'd be great, but I think he's got the repair of his covered. I just thought it would be worth asking here to see if there was any chance of finding a better one.