• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

master cylinder removal

Wayne67vert

Donation Time
I'm having difficulty removing the master cylinder on my S5. I have the bolts removed, the clevis pin removed, the lines removed.
The clevis will not slide through the spring on the inside of the fire wall. The shaft will not release from the master cylinder.
Please tell me how to get this out.
Thanks,
Waynemaster cyl clevis.JPG

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The shaft does not release from the master. In the photo, you can see a washer-like keeper. You can see the slot at about the 7:00 position. Push the keeper toward the firewall and free of the spring, then remove the keeper. The shaft and clevis will then slide through the spring and the firewall opening.
Bill

Wayne67vert

Donation Time
Thanks Bill, after enlarging the photo, I see the keeper. Now the hard part is getting my 6'1" 225 body down under the dash.