• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mark 2 Tiger Grill

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I think I bought the last one that Phyrman had from some he had made some time ago. If this is the going price, maybe he should make a few more.

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Lol Chester Bailey had some I sent them on as nobody would buy them. He's got a stack of them. Plus the owner of the MK2 that sold on Bash a Tiger... I mean BaT was on ePay for 1/4 of this asking price for months.

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
I have one of Chesters repo Mk2 grills, test fitted in a Mk2 and only minor trimming required. I really liked Chester's repo grills, he may just have in kit form that then epoxy. Very good repo IMO

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
To be clear nobody would buy them because they didn't need them. Plus their minds were polluted by other attempts, or just no demand. And yes I sent them to Kragh AKA Boss-Tiger

alpine_64

Donation Time
One of the funniest eBay auctions for a while... 23 photos and none of the front to check the finish..

Then the "if someone makes a reasonable offer I'd be willing to let it go..." Starting bid of 15k... b.i.n of 20k... Guy has a great sense of humour

mikephillips

Donation Time
That's one of those things that IF you were willing to pay what he wants I'd only do a face to face swap since it is so easy to get taken on the net these days.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
To be clear nobody would buy them because they didn't need them. Plus their minds were polluted by other attempts, or just no demand. And yes I sent them to Kragh AKA Boss-Tiger
I'm glad that I came across the one I did buy. I really like the egg crate style, not so much because I am trying to make my alger a tiger, I just think it really provides a great 60's sports car vibe.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looking at those photos, it seems I modified my grill and made it look less original by grinding and filing all those welds on the back to make everything smoother. Oh well.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
It is pathetic and a symbol of greed hardly funny. Other guys piss on other's who make repop parts.
You should have seen the eejits that held my AC housing in their hands and say it's not the same as my original at home. Then there was those who said it couldn't be done and pushed back on the production process. Don't even talk about the angry ones that had a couple stashed originals that saw them devalued on eBay and were PO as the should have sold at the height of the market lamenters.

But those were my hardships with the "original parts are worth more guys."
But picture a guy holding a housing in his hands like they were a triple beam scale and claiming this is lighter than my original, and you may can understand. Yes I thanked him for his interest and backed away slowly.

*eejits, caption spelling of word idiot plucked from UK show..

Chester had the aluminum pieces laser cut and I bet he'd ship em in a flat box . The guy has 5 MK2s and is 88 .
All are project cars I think one has everything.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mine is made of aluminum. I Believe it was made here in the states. Phyrman is the username of one of our members here. Your reply was missing the r in his username.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mine is made of aluminum. I Believe it was made here in the states. Phyrman is the username of one of our members here. Your reply was missing the r in his username.
Looking at those photos, it seems I modified my grill and made it look less original by grinding and filing all those welds on the back to make everything smoother. Oh well.
Your grill isn't a replica of the MKII grill but the Harrington Alpine grills that were optional. ;)

Larger spacing and are arc profile.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well Warren, I got one of your air cleaners, completely happy with it just so you have at least one happy customer.
I've seen the repro air cleaners felt were very well made.

Thats why we tried to strike a deal for some of the remaining lot .... but .... that didn't happen.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
A little pricy. For that money you can purchase a nice Alpine

Steve:
I get a kick out of people who sell Sunbeam parts on eBay, or other sites, that know absolutely nothing about our cars. Several original Mark II grilles have been listed on eBay for $2,000 or less in the past year or so and none have sold.

Here's one that has been listed on eBay for less than $900 for weeks with no takers.

Rick