• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Making Transmission Output Shaft Nut

Chasedan

Donation Time
Hello all,
I've been having trouble finding a new nut that goes on the front end of the transmission primary (output) shaft (Alpine Series IV B9400037). I decided to have it made by a local machine shop. The nut is 1-5/16" hex and 1" inside diameter with 20 threads per inch UNF. The nut material will be hex cold finished stock 12L14 which is slightly harder than the original nut material which is probably 1218 stock.
Does anyone else want one or more of these nuts? I am going to have at least 10 made (maybe more). The cost to make 5 nuts is about the same as making 1 nut due to the machine shop set-up for the production.
If I make 10 nuts my cost per nut is going to be roughly $26.80 per nut.
If I make 16 nuts my cost per nut is going to be roughly $21.29 per nut.
If there is interest, I will have a bunch of these nuts made up.
Our contact info can worked out later.

Chasedan

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I don't need any right now.
By the way, they should be torqued down pretty tight and I loctite them and not stake them with a punch.
Jan