• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mail Box size, reset to 25?

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Andrew,
What happened to the forum? My mailbox is reduced from 100 to 25, and I can't log into the control panel either
Jan

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
It's been set at 25 since I joined, last year. I thought it was a little anemic, but also figured it was a matter of storage space.
Ron

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi Guys,

I just came on line. We are working on some changes to the admin side but it should not have changed anything with regard to mailbox size etc.

Let me look into it. Please check again in a few minutes as I am not sure what has changed.

Andrew

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

I just came on line. We are working on some changes to the admin side but it should not have changed anything with regard to mailbox size etc.

Let me look into it. Please check again in a few minutes as I am not sure what has changed.

Andrew

This is not a new problem for me.
When I was a "guest", the mailbox size limit never manifested itself at all.
The day I was made a member, suddenly I was at 100% and had to delete a bunch of messages, which was a royal pain.

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I don't think, when I was a guest, that I had any control panel access. I noticed the 25 messages limit, when I got a message that my mail box was full, not long after joining. The 25 limit appears to include replies. I never thought it was an issue, just board rules/limitations.
Ron

Andrew

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

Everything should be ok. There are limits and it is all driven by type of membership. Due to changes in Officers of the club and providing service to the admin side of the club I may have changed a few things.

I hope that I didnt mess you up too much Jumpinjan. Anyway a number of small things may change in the future but it should not cause any problem with access.

If anyone has a problem with access please drop me a line or post a note here.

Regards,
Andrew

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Andrew, nothing has changed. With the current software, members have always been limited to 25 messages. Figured that it was necessary because of resource limitations, so I never said anything. You say everything is okay, but it is not right that members are restricted more than non-members.

Bill

Andrew

Donation Time
Ok, members that have made a donation receive more mailbox space than that of standard forum (non paying) members. The mailbox of a standard "forum" member is more restricted because they have not supported the forum, there are also sections of the forum that a non paying member may not be able to post or join in with the communication. The great thing is that it only takes a $5.00 donation to help us keep the forum up and running. One also receives other goodies when they donate, check it out at: http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=76

We have had a rough time with spam and garbage on the forum during the past year and had been kicking around the idea of a required donation to get access. We have not done this yet but everyone must understand that Jan and I are always busy keeping things going in the background, we do this on our own time!

Anyway, all should be well and I hope everyone is happy with the forum. I have not had a great deal of time but I am working on some new feature articles and hope to receive new content from member during the year.

All the best,
Andrew