• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

"Lucas effect"???

finally

Donation Time
I'm guessing its a ground problem but... My windshield wipers, panel lights, etc sometimes take a couple of minutes to turn on after flipping on the switch.

Anyone have the same haunting?

Potentially related fact is that my fuel & temp gauge wiggle up a bit when turning the car on but stay put after that. Ignition lights stays on as well.

George Farrell

Donation Time
Sounds familiar, I've had my tach, turnsignals and windhsiel wiper act up at the same time. They all rsponded to a good thump on the dash. Later, I crawled under the dash and cleaned ground connections. I have also had funny things happen when there was a little corrosion on one of the fuses. I finally gave up on stock fuses and patched modern spade type fuses across the terminals on the fuse block.

George

finally

Donation Time
Guessing that its a grounding problem I tried tightening up the connections (black wires), then tried adding a wire from one of them to the body where the heater fan connects as a alternate ground wire test, cleaned the fuses and still...

aargghh!

65beam

Donation Time
ground problem

check the ground wire on the bulkhead above the starter solenoid,the ground strap on the transmission crossmember and the ground wire from the block to the body.also check your ground cable for the battery. ??????

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I would suggest when you check the connections, don't just tighten the cable. Remove the cable and clean the surfaces before reassembling them. Sometimes there can be rust or grease between the cable and the body. I have spent lots of money replacing parts to try to fix a non starting car, only to finally find a cable that seemed to be tight, but was covered with grease and not grounding correctly.

Jose :)