• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lucas 576 driving/ fog lamps

Jim in PA

Donation Time
I've been searching for a good set of Lucas 576 driving or fog lamps. I would want post mount to go on a bracket on my front bumper. Lens type is not important nor is lens color. Amber would be cool but not necessary.
Hit me with a PM if you have a pair to sell.
I messed up last weekend on an eBay UK auction and missed the perfect pair of lamps...($75.00)
There are some on eBay now but they want big$$$ ($189.00) and I am not yet at the point of submitting to high prices...maybe by this time next week...

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Are you aware that you can buy them brand new?

http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/list+lamps~head+and+spot/

The ones I truly love are the Lucas "Ranger" and "Fog Ranger" lamps... they are works of art... Sadly, only the "Fog Ranger" is being reproduced. I have a matched set in my stocks, but they are used and not in A1 shape.

55212.jpg

Jim in PA

Donation Time
New Lucas 576

Kevin,
Yes. I am aware I can buy brand new. I have, also, seen NOS but new and NOS are expensive AND too shiny.
I am trying to find a vintage set with a patina like my car.(Too picky?)
I've installed a new set of Hella 500 lights with the switch, fuse and relay. When I find a vintage set of Lucas lamps that's not too expensive I'll snip the new Hella lamps out and put the Lucas lamps in.
I am in the process of finding a vintage luggage rack too. The VB item is too big and too shiny. One of the guys here has one but not completely yet.
There's one on eBay that's perfect size and vintage patina but the auction goes until Sunday afternoon.
For now I'm just enjoying my evening drives in the Alpine.
Thanks again for the feedback Kevin. It's always appreciated. The Lucas lamps are beautiful though, aren't they? Really cool with amber bulbs.
If you're willing to part with your set I am all for "not A1" lamps.

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

send me a PM with your email address, I have a couple of pairs including spot and fog and yellow fog. I will send you some photos.

thanks

Jeff

Kevin,
Yes. I am aware I can buy brand new. I have, also, seen NOS but new and NOS are expensive AND too shiny.
I am trying to find a vintage set with a patina like my car.(Too picky?)
I've installed a new set of Hella 500 lights with the switch, fuse and relay. When I find a vintage set of Lucas lamps that's not too expensive I'll snip the new Hella lamps out and put the Lucas lamps in.
I am in the process of finding a vintage luggage rack too. The VB item is too big and too shiny. One of the guys here has one but not completely yet.
There's one on eBay that's perfect size and vintage patina but the auction goes until Sunday afternoon.
For now I'm just enjoying my evening drives in the Alpine.
Thanks again for the feedback Kevin. It's always appreciated. The Lucas lamps are beautiful though, aren't they? Really cool with amber bulbs.
If you're willing to part with your set I am all for "not A1" lamps.

mazdat

Donation Time
I've been searching for a good set of Lucas 576 driving or fog lamps. I would want post mount to go on a bracket on my front bumper. Lens type is not important nor is lens color. Amber would be cool but not necessary.
Hit me with a PM if you have a pair to sell.
I messed up last weekend on an eBay UK auction and missed the perfect pair of lamps...($75.00)
There are some on eBay now but they want big$$$ ($189.00) and I am not yet at the point of submitting to high prices...maybe by this time next week...

You have a PM

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Brackets for Ranger

Came upon a set good driver quality. Seen some mounted by drilling thru bumper, don't want to do that. Have also seen some mounted with brackets anyone have a spare set or a picture of them off car with measurements?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Warren,

to mount of the bumper mountings you need ot make a spacer, a longer bumper mounting bolt and then you bend a bracket to thread its way between the valence and bumper than kink back over the the valence... go to the CAT form and look at the pics i posted of the ones on my alpine.

the rootes factory ones actually offset the lamps back out towards the headlights once they clear the valence (assume to get them out of the radiator way) the period lucas ones they did for the alpine/tiger bring them up inline with the bumper bolts.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Kevin, Any help with some Amber Fog Lightrs about 4 to 5" dia would be great.

A friend is in need of a pair.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Kevin, Any help with some Amber Fog Lightrs about 4 to 5" dia would be great.

A friend is in need of a pair.
Mate, you do know I posted that in 2009, right? I don’t know if I have ’em anymore!

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Let me have a look ‘round. May take a day or two, as things are in a bit of a muddle… two of my sheds were crushed by a tree a few months back and everything got quickly shoved into one of the garages to keep it dry… just this past week we got a new shed to store the spares in, so I don’t know where anything is presently!

Attachments

• IMG_5189.jpeg
    IMG_5189.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5188.jpeg
    IMG_5188.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14