• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for wheels for my Alpine

bbonner

Donation Time
Would like to find better wheels for my Series IV. Would like mag type wheels not spokes though. Any suggestions on where to get them at a reasonable price would be appreciated. Thanks :)

alpine_64

Donation Time
Really depends on what you want?
13", 14" 15"?
you want new or used?
what do you consider "reasonable price"?

UK Fords and Mustang II share the bolt pattern, as do porsche 924 and some Saabs (though FWD means offsets are not always useful)

search wheels with 4 x 108mm (4 x 4.25) bolt pattern

for new:
minilite style: Panasport, Superlite, VB, Retro, Compomotive, VTO.

period style: Retro 4, PSE wheels, JBW (dunlop and cosmic style)

Sunbeam: Sunbeam specialties sell replica LAT 70's.

mototron

Donation Time
I have a set of Capri Mag style wheels 14x 5.5 or 6 $100 shipping 5 rims in great condition

allso a set of western minilites 14x6 they have like new tires on them
$350 + shipping

and i have stock steel rims from a series II

Rocco
mototron@optonline.net

bbonner

Donation Time
wheels for Alpine

Really depends on what you want?
13", 14" 15"?
you want new or used?
what do you consider "reasonable price"?

UK Fords and Mustang II share the bolt pattern, as do porsche 924 and some Saabs (though FWD means offsets are not always useful)

search wheels with 4 x 108mm (4 x 4.25) bolt pattern

for new:
minilite style: Panasport, Superlite, VB, Retro, Compomotive, VTO.

period style: Retro 4, PSE wheels, JBW (dunlop and cosmic style)

Sunbeam: Sunbeam specialties sell replica LAT 70's.

Used are fine. My son suggests 14" as thirteen he says are harder to find. But if I could get some that are in good shape I don't really have a preference NOT 15" though. Some say 14" will look better???? Thanks for your help I have printed this out so that we can look around locally. Otherwise I will have to ship Thanks again as usual this has been very helpful. Any opinion on size 14 vs 13 inch

bbonner

Donation Time

bbonner

Donation Time
wheels

I have a set of Capri Mag style wheels 14x 5.5 or 6 $100 shipping 5 rims in great condition

allso a set of western minilites 14x6 they have like new tires on them
$350 + shipping

and i have stock steel rims from a series II

Rocco
mototron@optonline.net

Thanks I want to see if I can get some locally first. As shipping is costly. But will consider all offers Thx Bev

bbonner

Donation Time
Wheels Great Help

Thanks to all of you Now I have a number of options. I will be back in touch. I was hoping to find some locally once I knew what would fit. It sounds like 14" is the common choice? Thanks Bev

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi Bev,

I was recently doing some wheel research and thought I'd send you a couple of the forum posts that helped me.

The first one has a lot of good information including some discussion about offset and clearance issues.

Minilites or something similar
http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15729

This next one also has some good discussion about wheel diameter and clearance.

Shopping for wheels
http://sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16358

I found some on ebay that had free shipping, but the price reflected it. Steve Silverstein gave me a good tip on shipping. Take two wheels and put them good sides together with cardboard between. Then use plastic wrap from office supply store to wrap them and finish with fiber reinforced tape. FedEx Ground will take them this way. I've also heard that tire stores give wheel boxes away for free.

The wheels I got off of Craigslist and here is an example of them:
http://www.theautopartsshop.com/wheel/lkqaly68174u10.html

Haven't bought tires yet because I have to redo my brakes. Got the wheels because once I decided what I wanted, I didn't want them to pass me by.

Good luck with your search.