• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for someone to fix Overdrive relay

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jerome Senn has been in the marque for quite some time. Reputable guy with fine products, tho I know nothing about his alternative solution to the NLA Lucas 33199.

..... v

Ashfried

Donation Time
Hay all,
Vologuy has bailed me out again. A new old stock relay! Thanks Mike. Looks like I will have OD for my drive to the Cambria invasion. Yahoo

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ash, great to hear. Please post your results. Most likely that will solve your problem, but there is a slight possibility that something else has failed.

Jim and Volvoguys, I suspect the solution that Jerome Senn offers is exactly what Mike Hartman suggested, which is to install the diode and resistor, like my solution, but inside the case. At first I was concerned that his solution might not include the diode, like some other UK guy had suggested a few years ago, which would have made the solution prone to damage the column switch. But seeing that Jerome's solution is offered in a separate version for Pos earth cars tells me that his solution does include the diode. Nice. And I have noted before, I think this solution is actually better and more reliable than the original 33199 relay.

Tom

Ashfried

Donation Time
Something else failing on my Sunbeam?.... Never! I have so many times said "ok, I justhink need one of those, and I'm good" wait twould weeks for part, and nothing. Only to find out to was a bad wire or loose ground.... grrrrrrrr!
But when it works I feel like I can fix the world.

That is what is so great about owning a car like this.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
Yes, regardless of what your past experience & intuition tell you, with a Sunbeam you always start by checking your grounds!