• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for my old car -

BJC

Donation Time
Hello,
I’m a new member here and a previous owner of 2 Alpines… I’m doing some research as to the where-about’s of one of my old Alpines and I thought this would be as good place to begin…It was a 1962 Alpine, that alone is not very descriptive I know, but the fact that is was painted a unique color by its previous owner may be helpful. The car was painted “Lavender†and had gold painted wire wheels and a light wood colored dash board…If anyone as information to share regarding this car and would like to share it with me, I would very much appreciate any help. I can also supply some historical info and photos on the car…I’ll check for any post here from time to time.
Thanks,
BJC

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Hey BJC,
That's a great idea to find your old cars. That's one thing I would like to do to. I bought an Series I Alpine new from a dealer in Melbourne, Florida in 1960, I don't think I have any paper work, only some photos. I'm thinking it will be almost an impossible task for me. But who knows....????
Cheers,
Bob

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
TV show being pitched now

I know of a TV project being presented for consideration about people who have tracked down and repurchesed and restored their old cars. Any one here fit that discription?

BJC

Donation Time
Just a shot in the dark I guess...
I tried a few years back to find my old Alfa - What a story that would have been for its current owner...but Illinois does not have records available on computer that far back...pity...that car had an interesting history...
The Alpine was my first car, purchased with no engine (engine was in bushel baskets) and the trans had no first gear (I found out later)...you all know that issue...we pushed it home with all my friends, my younger brother steering it...(he was maybe 7 then) found an engine a week later 2 miles from home, brought it home in my (his) red wagon...(wrecked it) and had the car running in 3 weeks...got my drivers license two months after that....
Yep...be nice to see her again....
Hope someone knows something......

BJC

Donation Time
Unfortunately, I have nothing else available. The color being so unique, and the dash is a one-of because I built it in the HS wood shop…I have only 6 photos and 2 are in color…The car also had a black hard top…That’s all there is….I sold it to a High School friend, Ian Gordon. I think he sold it to someone in Wisconsin a few years later….