• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for a "Swear By" transmission

mxp01

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm looking for a "Swear By" (I'd Swear By It) transmission for my SIV. Since replacing a trans is such a great deal of work and my son is on the verge of a mutiny, I'd like to do this once without having to worry about doing it again.

I would very much prefer a synchronized tranny.

Let me know,
Mike Pennell

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Mike,
I have some series V trans that I could sell. They need rebuilding and I could rebuild one for you.
Jan

mxp01

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jan:

Thank you very much for the offer. I currently have a line on a transmission. If for some reason that does not materialize, I will let you know.

Thanks,
Mike Pennell

atallamcs

Donation Time
transmission

The Toyota Supra conversion (5 speed) is a bullet proof solution, since it can handle up to 300hp. Very smooth and strong. Will cost you about one third the price of what most alpines are worth.
Bill