• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

License plate light bracket color

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
What was the original color of the bracket that holds the license plate lights? The ones with the 2 glass lenses and the rubber sockets? Were they body color, or black or silver? Thanks, David

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
So natural finish, in other words silver? How to prevent rusting? Was looking into powder coating, but now not sure what color. Any other votes?

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
So natural finish, in other words silver? How to prevent rusting? Was looking into powder coating, but now not sure what color. Any other votes?

Well, that sounds like a bit of a dilemma. If it's an aluminum bracket, then a natural finish would seem reasonable.

OTH, if the bracket is steel, it wouldn't be bare steel - but painted, chrome plated, or galvanized.

Thoughts?

Paul354

Diamond Level Sponsor
FWIW
Sunbeam specialties lists stainless bracket for license plate lamp part #EL74B No price listed
I've not seen it might be worth a call if you're interested

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
zinc plate
Michael,

I concede, but still, zinc is zinc.

(Yes, I forgot stainless steel as well)

The OP's question remains.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Electrogalvanizing is a process in which a layer of zinc is bonded to steel in order to protect against corrosion. The process involves electroplating, running a current of electricity through a saline/zinc solution with a zinc anode and steel conductor. Such Zinc electroplating or Zinc alloy electroplating maintains a dominant position among other electroplating process options, based upon electroplated tonnage per annum... The most commonly used electrogalvanized cold rolled steel is SECC, acronym of "Steel, Electrogalvanized, Cold-rolled, Commercial quality". Compared to hot dip galvanizing, electroplated zinc offers these significant advantages:

• Lower thickness deposits to achieve comparable performance
  • Broader conversion coating availability for increased performance and colour options
  • Brighter, more aesthetically appealing, deposits

HAGD,

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
FWIW
Sunbeam specialties lists stainless bracket for license plate lamp part #EL74B No price listed
I've not seen it might be worth a call if you're interested
My friend DanR made me a combination lamp holder/license plate bracket. It appears to be from stainless sheet. I would wager he could make another.;)