• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lic. plate braket

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Didn't somebody produce a Lic plate bracket that didn't require you to drill through the trunk lid? It was a sheet metal piece that was secured under the lift handle? Or something like that.

Anybody have a website link for it?

skywords

Donation Time
My Series I driver it's mounted under the bumper with no holes in the boot lid.
The cops have not sqwauked it yet.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Rick,

I wasn't so concerned about the legality of where to mount but avoid drilling holes. I was pretty sure I saw a website where somebody was making brakets to mount the lic plate. It was kind of slick. It should be easy enough to make but it would be easier to call and buy it!:)

Maybe it was the guy who was making the "hockey sticks" details for the Series I+II for the interior door.

Steve

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Rear plate bracket

mine's under the bumper. I got the bracket from a friend who ordered it from the Tiger group. Moves the lights too. looks clean.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Unfortunately I won't have a bumper on this car but wanted to mount the old California black plate. (and the regular license plate when on the road)

1.jpg

2.jpg

I haven't had much luck seraching the internet for that guy who sold the brackets and Series II hockey sticks.

Steve

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I took it off my book marks because the guy took it down or it expired. If I get some time I will go through my receipts and see if I can find the name. Otherwise, if you want to copy it, I'll take mine off and send it to you.

Just be sure and send it back!

Paul,

I don't suppose you have a link or a contact for that guy?

Steve

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Paul,

Thanks, that would be great. BTW< if we can't find his contact information just a photo of how it was setup would work, too. No need to ship.

Steve

Jersey Alpine

Donation Time
If you want the plate geometrically centered on the trunk lid, simply replace the trunk lid handle with a 1" x 1" x 12" piece of wood, bevel the inner face so the outer face is vertical and paint to match the body. To mount, simply drill two sets of holes, one pair to match the trunk lid holes and the other to match the plate holes. Bolt the wood stand-off to the trunk lid and mount the plate with wood screws. Nice and solid, looks fine and doubles as a trunk lid handle. Enjoy the top-down driving weather! Vlad:)

Drnobeam

Donation Time
The site was called Ideal Solutions. He made some good parts and I even bought some door anti rattle bushings for my Suburban. The site is gone now. I thought I saw some of his items like the hockey pucks on eBay. I bought the license bracket because I didn't want to drill holes in my newly painted boot lid. It's a pretty good piece; an aluminum plate that bolts up behind the boot (trunk) pull.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2259543860099876592MQtWlX