• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Late Series flasher switch knob

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Need one of those. Just the plastic knob is fine. There was a guy on eBay who offered repros, but missed it...

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The eBay guy is Pete Hemmings, aka Rootes 66 on this site. Try sending him a PM via the site. He isn't here every day like some of us, but frequently enough that he should see you message within a few days.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bernd there was a guy on ebay UK has a user id ambergranite who made repro ones .. Send him a PM through ebay.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Pete-hope you are well! Was hoping to see you this coming May but not with all this virus stuff going on. Next year for sure!
Eric

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sorted indeed. Pete was kind enough. Time that I get rid of my ugly compromise which is a Lucas connector with the rubber hose. It fitted and worked since I have that car. Recently the whole arm went loose so removed all the rust, painted and fixed it with 2 component glue. Time to put the correct knob now...

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Ok. The knob at the end of the stalk.

Were those originally plastic or bakelite?

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
They appear to be plastic. I have a few of Pete's items. He make's quite an array of items.

Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes was talking about the the stalk knob (see the picture). Would assume the OD knob has the same shape...
IMG_20200412_080425.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bernd, i aasume this is for a late series car you have? The early cars have a different style knob, like a stretched version of the toggle switch .

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes, it's for my Series V. Actually my all day "workhorse". It's the first one I brought back to life after the long winter season...

IMG_20200412_112217.jpg

IMG_20200412_112052.jpg

IMG_20200412_112427.jpg

Last edited:

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Anybody have a non-eBay email address for Pete? I've tried contacting him through the club's PM about getting some of the stalk tips but haven't gotten a reply.

Thx, Mark ….. v

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't like to share email addresses without permission, so I just sent a link to this thread Pete. Hopefully, he'll get it and respond.