• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

L.e.d.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I have for sale one complete LED light kit for Sunbeam Alpine or Tiger Veloce Solutions kit. I can not use them with my cruise control system. The kit has all the bulbs and the flasher relay to replace the cars org. unit. Kit sales for $70.00 will take $50.00 shipped. Thanks :cool:

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
George, I am curious. What is it about LED lights that interferes with a cruise control? The LEDs are powered by the lighting circuit and you would power the cruise control with some separate 12 V circuit.

Tom

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
The only thing I can think of is that it might be "smart" and determine brake pedal activation via current draw on the brake light line, instead of by contact closure or straight voltage sensing.

Modern car lighting is also networked/multiplexed, kind of like strobing, which probably incorporates bulb sensing. If it's a total "system" it could have that architecture. In modern cars, I know trailer lighting connections can get complicated if the factory didn't provide for it.

On edit: Interesting website. Wonder whose car that is...
They have a brake light flashing circuit add-on which may complicate things, but it doesn't look like there's a central controller for lighting, unless I missed it.

They also have an instrument voltage regulator replacement.

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
Led

Ken Ellis;172181 On edit: Interesting website. Wonder whose car that is... They have a brake light flashing circuit add-on which may complicate things said:
Ken,
The car shown on the site is a Tiger that is owned by Joe Parlanti , the developer of these systems and current president of TE/AE. Many cars have these LED setups and also the flashing brake lights. Joe started selling these units several years ago.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
The LED tail lights use less current and the brake system is in this circuit and it signals the servo to turn on. the drop of voltage seems to be the problem, when I put the old lights back in the cruz worked great.:cool:

I will say that the tail lights with the LEDs is very brite, just I like my cruz better

Last edited:

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
I would have been tempted to put a standard lightbulb in a box under the dash, or even just a resistor, wired in the standard way, just to satisfy the cruise control. Put a little lens in the box so it's easy to check on the bulb if you use it. Of course then Eric and the other buyer would be sore they lost out on a good deal, so I won't mention it... :)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
You can have both cruise and LED's. You need a simple relay in the brake light circuit. Murph's website can direct you to the solution.

I did it, it works.

Bill