• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Kick Panels

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I know that Sunbeam Specialties sells a kit that has them in it. I made my own.
What year is your car ands what color is your interior?

I can probably make you a set as I have templates for the Series 3-V's.
Cheers!
Steve

chimpodunker

Donation Time
I could make them but the ones on my 67 have about a 3 inch vinyl strip attached to the carpet material on the door opening edge. I think it may have been glued down and edge covered with the door edge molding.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Can you post an picture of what you have?
Sounds like someone made custom kicks for your car!
Steve

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Those are definitely someones interpretation on the kick panels. Not that there's anything wrong with
what they did, but they were never covered in carpet. In fact the only area of the car, assuming your's
isn't a GT, that was carpeted was the transmission tunnel. All the standard Alpines had rubber mats.

The kick panels are covered in vinyl that match the color of the interior. You might be able to recover yours
if the panels are in good shape. They usually don't survive well as moisture warps and rots them.

Steve

chimpodunker

Donation Time
From the back, if these are the originals, they do not look in very good shape. What would it cost for you to make me a set in black for a 67? You can private message me if you prefer. I'm in no hurry,so don't feel rushed.

Gary