• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Just in case u wanna b a Dark Sider...

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
This baby has all the goodies! All you'd need is the Ranger oil pan, oil pump pick up the oil filter adapter. It also looks like the engine has never been rebuilt, so would be a great core. Oh how I wish I had an Alpine to put it into.

Jose :D

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Is that a 4bbl. on that engine, Jose? If so, wonder what kind of intake manifold came on the Cobra.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Is that a 4bbl. on that engine, Jose? If so, wonder what kind of intake manifold came on the Cobra.

No. It should be a Holley Weber 5200 ( or Motorcraft 5200 ). Pretty much the same as a Weber DFV ( the mirror of a DGV Weber ). It has a special adapter to mount it almost 90* to the standard mounting direction.

HTH,

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Don is correct. It is a Holley Weber two barrel, which would make this engine an early one. This same carburetor was used on the Capris too.

The early (1974) V6's, had better breathing heads, because they didn't have the heat risers of the later versions. It is just too bad that it is in an almost inaccessible place for most of the guys that would buy it.

Jose :)

fj55mike

Donation Time
Anyone in the Sparta, WI area want to pick it up for me and ship it to Texas? Those engines are hard to find in this area, and that's a great price. I'll compensate you for your time :D

--Mike

alpine_64

Donation Time
someone giveme a heads up on the "cobra 2" was this a warmer version of the rabger motor? or just a badging exercise?

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
2.8v6 and trans

Here is another running engine. Since I dont cut and paste you will have to go to ebay and enter the item #. Wish I were closer to the seller ..
item # 180108005793

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
This ad is not correct. I have never known a Cobra II to come with the 2.8 V6. Another fact about the Cobra II, is that they didn't come out till about 1976, and this car is definitely an early example.

The Cobra II was a Mustang II that came with a 302 V8. It had some visual doodads, like the paint scheme and hood scoop, to set it apart from the run of the mill Mustang II.

None of this information detracts from it's desireability as an engine for the Alpine conversion. It still has the four speed attached, which says you would get the valuable bellhousing with the engine.

Jose :)

britbeam

Donation Time

This is a 2bl carb(most likely a weber). I had the same carb on my donor engine.The intake is just a stock item nothing fancy but it will work. I say this is a early Mutt 2 engine as it has the Bosch distributor which came on my early 74 V6. Now why is that important, easy non smog heads. Why would you want that better flow and thats a good step towards a better running engine. Wish I were closer I would scoop this up.
Dwain V6 Krazy