• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

jose v6

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
just got machining done and cant find thrust bearings, not manufactured anymore. Anyone got any, I have 2 and need 4. For a 2.8 l v6 '74 to 86 mustang 2 704-763-2033

kmathis

Donation Time
They are still manufactured; they come with the Main Bearing set: Summit Racing part number: MB435AM010
These are .010 undersize, but they have the stock size as well. If you have any questions, call the guys down there at Summit, you would be surprised how many parts they have for this engine, yet not listed online or in the catalogue.:)

sd_pace

Donation Time
I think I have a set of new 010 mains for 25.00 + postage. the one with the four piece thrust set
fits the 74 78 blocks I think... My block was a tm83 and requires the thrusts attached to the centr main
steve

Last edited:

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Roger,

There are two different styles of thrust bearings, and the difference is that the early versions (1974-1979) use the thrust washers. The later version (1983-1985), us a flanged thrust bearing. They are still available and can be found easily. You just need to contact the larger parts store chains, like NAPA.

You will need to know what size your crank is reground to.

Jose