• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

James Bond cars you can afford.

socorob

Donation Time
Top gear just did a bond car special. They showed the alpine as the 1st bond car. They only talked about it for a couple minutes maybe. They pretty much blew right past it. They called it the humble or lowly alpine, I can't remember which.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Somewhere, the 74 AMC Hornet Owners Club is excited with the recognition.....:D

alpine_64

Donation Time
The Septemeber 2012 issue fo classic and sports car laisted it as the #2 best car Bond drove and then had an article on the SIi alpine following saying it was the cheapest way into a cool Bond car... then again its a brit magazine.. they are bias :eek:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Don't think you can find any car cheaper to buy than a 1974 Hornet Hatchback. Definitely not one capable of doing an Astro Spire right out of the showroom!

Bill

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Check out the Esprit, PPW306R, I've been in that car!
When I was a kid my Dad was in the motor industry and Lotus was one of his clients. He knew them well and often took me with him to the factory. While he was working he'd leave me with the engineers and drivers. One time we were there they had just received the white Esprit back from the film company and they took me for a fast spin around the track (Lotus have their own test track). I clearly remember that it still had sand in the footwells from being on the beach, and a couple of fake bullet holes! They sent me away with a huge smile and a signed black and white photo of Roger Moore standing next to the Lotus.