• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

jacked up alpine

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
well this is a strange one ! m 67 alpine came out of a barn, 28 yrs.. good shape but the guy jacked it up . 4" brackets on rear which i can remove easy, but front end i cant tell. would it be longer springs?

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
I have always felt Series V's sat higher than the earlier cars, but I have no data to support this. To raise the front, the prior owner could have used longer springs, or some sort of spacer between the spring and the body - note that they came with rubber isolators in this area.

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
the car is level with 4 " bracket on spring shackle at rear. seems very high in front and rear. I guess take bracket off rear and cut spring to level