• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

It's to laugh: January

Nickodell

Donation Time
Shhh! Not a word to Al-Qaida!!

Secret.jpg

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
WE promise not to tell:D
Nick, where do you find this stuff?

Tom J

Ever challenging Series V

Nickodell

Donation Time
WE promise not to tell:D
Nick, where do you find this stuff?

Tom J

Ever challenging Series V

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. :D Actually, if you keep your eyes open this sort of stuff can be found in many places. The picture was taken on a main road in England quite recently.

Funny you should ask. I just saw this one very close to home. Imagine you're the poor sod driving a truck over 13' 3" in height approaching this "T" intersection. The first sign says you can't turn left (there's a low railroad bridge) and the next one says NO trucks can turn right. And there is no "straight on." I'm surprised there are not the hulks of hundreds of tractor-trailers that got that far and couldn't go any farther. Pennsylvania State Rt. 29, just outside Phoenixville, PA.

DSCF0169.jpg

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Wmd

If only Hussein would have been so clever... Maybe Pres. Bush thought it would be so easy.

Nickodell

Donation Time
I think everyone did. After Desert Storm we knew we could crush his military in a matter of days. And almost everyone assumed that, even though we'd been the official "enemy," we'd either be welcomed in as liberators (as in Italy, for example) or allowed to run the country, impose our system of government, justice etc., and change it from a savage, murdeous dictatorship into a peaceful and wealthy democracy (as in Germany and Japan) with only a minuscule, short-lived insurgency.

Remember, not just Bush but almost the entire top level Democrats were all in favor of the invasion. Now, when they criticize the Bush administration for the unholy mess in Iraq, and someone is so impolite as to read their 2003 words back to them (about the certainty that Saddam had WMDs, the threat to the US, and their vote to invade) they shuffle their feet and change the subject.