• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

interesting car crash video

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick, can't really figure out the message from the results of the test. As best as I tell, there are two of them. 1) Don't hit solid objects at 70 mph. 2) There is a limit as to how small a car can be and allow the driver to survive such a crash, as the larger car created fatal G forces even though it was "safer".

Number one, I already knew. Number two, I wish I knew the limit.

Bill

skywords

Donation Time
Rick, can't really figure out the message from the results of the test. As best as I tell, there are two of them. 1) Don't hit solid objects at 70 mph. 2) There is a limit as to how small a car can be and allow the driver to survive such a crash, as the larger car created fatal G forces even though it was "safer".

Number one, I already knew. Number two, I wish I knew the limit.

Bill

I'm not sure either what they accomplished by doing the test. I'ts kinda like going off Niagra Falls in a barrel. I was amazed that the doors opened afterwards.

How's that saying go? You can learn alot from a dummy:) Oh wait a minute there were no dummies:eek: And that means 350lbs were missing from the cars, I wonder how the cars would fair with the occupant weight present.