• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Intake Manifold Drain Pipe

Henry Small

Donation Time
The drain pipe on my Alpine 1 has been plugged up for many years. I am planning to re-install the drain pipe and check valve, since I frequently have problems starting the car after it is parked for a short period of time - if the car sits over night it starts immediately. I believe the problem is related to a small amount of gas entering the manifold when I turn off the engine. I have adjusted my carb float levels but the problem still exist. I have looked for an appropriate check valve, but have not found one locally. Since PVC valves are cheap and readily available, I am planning to use a PCV valve (reverse direction for my purpose) on my drain pipe. My question is will a PCV valve work or is there a better way to replace the check valve to drain any excess gas that enters the intake manifold?

Any advice will be appreciated

twospeed

Donation Time
I took mine off and glad I did. Fix the carbs dont have fuel draining anyplace just another cause for a fire.