• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Improving the breed.

PETER CLAYTON

Donation Time
:confused:Does anyone have any information on upgrading std. 1600s to hartwell/harrington status? looking for flywheel lightening ,con-rod head mods. etc

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
If you can find one of these books it has all the mods. you list, good luck
Glenn's Sunbeam Hillman repair and tune-up guide, they have been out of print for over 30 years I have one, you do find them for sale sometimes!

alpine_64

Donation Time
Peter,

If you go to my webshots page from my profile i scanned and uploaded the factory tunning guide for the SII 1600.. it has head mods, flywheel mods etc. I also have some other info on flywheel mods. As for rods.. if you are using stock clean up the ridges, polish and harden same on the crank.. balance eveything static seperatly then have them done as a unit dynamicly.

also what carbs do you plan on using.. the Zeniths have limitations.