• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Icy Alpine

crs

Gold Level Sponsor

We had 4 inches of sleet Thursday night - Friday morning and it covered everything! We awoke to the sound of limbs and trees crashing to the ground in all directions . Power was out for 14 hours and ground floor furnace was not functional until Saturday afternoon when we thawed the ice from the vent pipe above the roof. However, with a good supply of firewood, propane for lantern and camping stove, and an emergency generator, it was not too bad.

Frozen flag above lugustrum bush that was much taller than flag pole - it needed to be trimmed anyhow.

Ice damage to a large pecan tree in backyard. Pix taken today-Sunday and it is still below freezing with the occasional crash of breaking limbs. My chainsaw will get a good workout when weather allows cleanup work. :(

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr looks really cold esp the last shot. One good thing, you'll have some nice pecan wood for your smoker.

Tom j

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Nice pix Charles. We didn't lose power so lucky in that respect. Glad to hear you had some wood to keep things a bit warm. Likewise glad to see your Alpine didn't get hit by any big branches!

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
Bill, we made out OK and now it is cleanup time.
Prepare to batten down the hatches as I hear another Blue Norther is due in Dallas the weekend of 12/21-22/13. We may have to burn some of the wood we are now cutting into fire place sized chunks!

PS I just heard from an Alpine owner that just moved to the FT Worth area, so when you get yours on the road, we have enough for a little country road rally. Marty and I took ours out with the top up the last sunny Saturday we had and drove a 2 hour loop north , west, south , east and back south to the farm and we saw some new country and interesting places.

Also, I am working on adding toggle latches to my hard top to replace the crappy turnbuckles used to hold the top down just behind each door. If it all works as planned, I will do a post with pix.

Faux tgr 66

Donation Time
We still have ice in our backyard from the storm. We didn't suffer any power outage or damage from this storm. The parts car is still shedding ice from the hood and trunk, oops I mean bonnet and boot. The hood is only a frame.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Poor frozen Texas!

Ice storm of 2007 in Oklahoma, been there done that, 6 days of no electric and NO heat. Thanks for the pictures and reminding me that's why I am in Wauchula, FL still wearing sandals. Stay Warm Texas!

Donna
;);)