• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I Need Wire Wheel Repair

rlafey

Donation Time
I have original wire wheels and some of the wires are mising and broken. I spoke with a member last year about this. He said there was a guiy in La Jolla, CA that refurbishes the wheels. Does anyone have this guys contact info or know someong in Southern California that will repair wire wheels?

Bob
1963 III ST VIN #B9201679

mikephillips

Donation Time
Before going too far down that road check the condition of the splines inside the center hub of the wheel. If they're badly worn replacing the spokes and truing the wheel will only be a temporary solution. I won't cover again what to look for with wire wheels and hubs, you can find plenty of info on this site covering checking for wear and what's too worn to safely reuse.

kmathis

Donation Time
I have original wire wheels and some of the wires are mising and broken. I spoke with a member last year about this. He said there was a guiy in La Jolla, CA that refurbishes the wheels. Does anyone have this guys contact info or know someong in Southern California that will repair wire wheels?

Bob
1963 III ST VIN #B9201679

Hi, Bob:
Check out Pico Wheel & Tire, 13149 Sherman Way, North Hollywood, CA. 91605 PH:818-982-0375
They do complete wheel service including complete restorations; it is a bit of a dying art. They will do repairs (broken or bent spokes and truing) or they can do the whole thing. They can be a little pricey depending on what you want to do.
New Dayton wire wheels are just a bit more than a complete restoration of your original wheels.