• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I need some restoration suggestions...

67basket_case

Donation Time
I have a 67 hardtop. the top itself has some pretty serious rust.

Is there any where that supplies metal to fix the trouble spots at all? should i just find a new top? and what about missing chrome? anyone know where i might be able to pick one up that's a little more solid than what i have?

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I have never seen any repair panels for the hardtops, but that does not mean there are none. If you are good at metal work you could give it a go or failing that try a good panel shop. Where is the hardtop rusted out? In regards to chrome work for the hardtops, you could try the usual Sunbeam parts dealers or be lucky to find some on Ebay. The hardtop trim/fittings can get expensive. If you want a better hardtop than what you have got, try putting a wanted post on this forum. Someone may have one.

Regards, Robin.

67basket_case

Donation Time
Its rusted through the base at the rear window and along the seals around the base as well in some spaces its simply paint remaining... I will ask some guys at the metal fab shop up the street see what they may have to offer...

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Martel used have repair panels for the hard top, but I don't think he makes them anymore. I had some of the panels but sold them with a hard top.

67basket_case

Donation Time
thanks! i just checked out the website they have prices so I'm going to send an email to check and see what he has available... I've got high hopes now!