• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I found a good source for getting keys made

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I heard about him on a MG forum. If you send him the FS key number found on the console latch or on the trunk lock assembly (which are supposed to have matching keys) he has those codes on file and will cut a key to fit. He did 3 different keys for me and I got them in 3 days. He can also rekey locks so they match and for door keys if you send him the lock tumbler he will make a key to fit. The keys cost $8 each and shipping was $4.
His name is Jake Voelckers and his email is britishauto at gmail.com

I have attached a photo what the key code looks like on the trunk lock assembly. Unfortunately you have to take this assembly out to see the code as it is on the back of it! The center console key code is easier to find and should match the trunk key if no one has swapped parts in the past.....

Console and trunk lock key codes.jpg

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
At 75 bucks for a original one that is a deal. My local guy who works out of old Fotomat booth has blanks. The blank is an ilco I think which means Illinois is lock company. I've got a pretty decent pile of lock cylinders floating about if somebody wants to go to the trouble of putting in a matching number.
I've only ever had one car that had an original key and all the locks that match.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Don't forget - the Rootes Museum may also have an original "Rootes" key for you, already factory cut. I'd try them first, since those keys are the real-deal and it also supports our buds there.