• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

hub upgrade

Hotrodder

Donation Time
Wilwood has a front disc brake kit that includes a 4 lug hub for the Tiger. You can weld up the 4 hole pattern in the stock hubs and drill a 4.5 x 5 Ford car pattern and then you have to figure out a custom brake rotor and caliper. I think you misunderstand the helpful guys here. The 9" is a little big and if you can find a Postal Jeep or 72-75 CJ5 Dana 44 rear it will be an easier conversion.
thanks

Hotrodder

Donation Time
This guy used a trailer hub with spacer tube inside the bearing in his TR7 brake conersion.

thanks

Hotrodder

Donation Time
Barry, I have a picture of it on my computer somewhere. I think it was the Grassroots motorsport car. I linked the pic to Fonz when he was working on his. The early Ranger with 10.5 rotor/hub was used with a bearing spacer is what the owner told me. I know you would have to make a caliper adapter. I'll look for the pic.
sweet

Hotrodder

Donation Time
Do you have links to those references? It might be possible to cobble up some way to put a Ranger hub/rotor on a Series Alpine stub axle, but I believe that all of the Ranger hub/rotors are too large in both diameter and thickness to work with factory Series Alpine calipers.
Sweet!!

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
This thread started with the assumption that an Alger / Frankenpine with a SBF engine needs a Ford 9" rear axle "so don't bust it up" and then went completely off the rails.

To paraphrase the late Jerry Lee Lewis, "There's a whole lot of assuming and not much listening going on."