• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

How stamped sheet metal parts are made.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
How the presses that make stamped sheet metal parts are set up and operate. This is about a "medium" part size operation. Larger parts require larger presses and dies.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dad was a pretty sharp dude. He could trouble shoot a malfunctioning industrial machine, tear it down and make the parts to fix it. He stood in absolute awe of the dudes that could trouble shoot and fine tune the progressive dies. He understood how they worked, but never developed the ability to look at a defective part and determine the problem.
At the time of my retirement, robotic loaders/unloaders had progressed to the point the I was seeing lines of a half dozen "small" die stampers that could turn rolls of steel into complex parts like automotive subframes. A fascinating thing to watch, parts offloaded from one machine directly into a second. Very cool, to see almost junker small machines do the job of a huge billion dollar state of the art machine.
Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I believe on a much, much, smaller scale Centerline Engineering does my designed parts for the V6 Conversion, "all" laser cut and "formed" in hyd presses.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Not to sound like a like fest here but...
Good on you Dan to share your "Trade Secrets." ;)