• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

How many built

agent86

Donation Time
I have a 1965 series IV auto BW35 transmission.
Does anyone know how many were built with BW35?

Agent 86

whoizrob

Donation Time
I've got one...

So at least two? ;)

I think there was a recent thread on this and I think that the general consensus was that there was not enough documentation to determine how many were made but that guestimates were in the 7K range? Not sure but that thread isn't too old and you should be able to dig it up pretty easily.

Rob

PS. found it:
http://sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17568

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rob,

We know how many SIV's were made.. but as to how many were with B?W i'm not sure.. but i think there was a number given. Maybe search som of the threads with Jogn Boggis's SIVGT auto.. he had the specs and build numbers on the website he had made.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Number of Automatic Sunbeams

The answer is at the Coventry Museum in UK. The only way to find out is to go through all of the sales records and count the number of cars with automatic transmissions. Otherwise, it may only be an estimate.

beamS3

Donation Time
Bill the published number of automatics 87 were for GTs only.

Looking at the survival rate I suggest that about 1000 units we're produced as automatics of the about 12000 series IV total.

Bob

agent86

Donation Time
how many made

Thanks y'all for the insights and replies. I heard somewhere that it is probably in the mid 80 range. Tell you what though, it sure does fly, Great pick up for an automatic.
I think I'll try and research Rootes for a bit

Agent 86

I'll have this car at the Oct blast in Nashville with Nashville British car club.
Hopefully my band will be playing as well

www.quorum.net