• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hotel and Registration deadlines

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Invasion XII is approaching! A few gentle reminders.

The hotel group rates are available until 9/15, remember to mention or use the SAO code when making your reservation (I was able to enter that code online).

The Invasion pre-registration discount rate is good until 9/1, after that the fee goes up $10.

Remember to sign up separately for the NBCC car show. Pre-registration is available until 10/8. Day of show registration is available, but the fee goes up $10 and you are not eligible for some of their door prizes.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Deadlines!

Just a friendly reminder, the hotel group rates are only guaranteed for a few more days.

Also, I think I mis-stated the NBCC pre-registration deadline. It looks like the deadline is actually Sept. 12th. I think you can still register online until Oct. 8th, but you will not get the pre registration discount. After that you need to register the day of the event on Oct. 13th.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bad Experience!

I just called the number listed to make reservations. I first got an automated voice mail system that could not understand my southern slang so that took awhile. Once I got through to a person (named Jennifer- that works in reservations not at the motel) I was told that the motel that we are staying can not give me the rate for the SAO. I get the rate of $159.00 per night, not $109.00!!! I asked when there was the cut-off and she said it was because we had already booked all of the rooms that were set aside for us. She told me the regular rate was $139.00 but due to the motel being about full the rates have gone up to $159.00. Can we get more rooms set aside? Is there a motel close to this one? I know of other that have not made their reservations also due to not knwoing for sure if they can come or not. This could be a deal breaker!!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just got off the phone with the motel again and I'm in but the problem is they are just about out of rooms. If there are more people coming that have not made reservations, you may be staying at a different motel. Motels are easy to work with until they see they are getting full then they can dictate their price. Oh well, we are now on our way to see the Sunbeam family.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
We had 35 rooms reserved but our contract only guaranteed the room rate until Sept. 15. Unfortunately, people will probably not get that rate anymore.

It's too late now, but people on the fence should go ahead and reserve the room, then cancel if they decide not to go. Maybe we should be more emphatic about the reminders next year?

I can ask Steve Silverstien if he knows any other convenient hotels. I know we had a problem with our original hotel plan because Vandy scheduled a home football game that weekend, so any hotels near campus will be booked solid.

FWIW, here's hotel info from the NBCC site (http://www.nashvillebritishcarclub.org/node/270):

We have not designated a show hotel but there are numerous choices in the Vanderbilt area. Here are five choices:

Holiday Inn Express at 5612 Lenox Ave (Old Baymont Inn. Same as last year's hotel - good trailer parking available - farthest from the show location but the least pricey.

Holiday Inn Express at 2613 West End Ave. Directly opposite the show location (Centennial Park). Questionable trailer parking

Extended Stay Inn at 3311 West End Ave. Questionable trailer parking.

Hampton Inn at 1919 West End Ave. Questionable trailer parking.

Marriott Courtyard at 1901 West End Ave. Questionable trailer parking.