• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

horn slip ring - Momo

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
G'day all,
My SII ALpine came with a Momo steering wheel, but no slip-ring or horn-push (and a broken indicator unit ie no horn "feed" plunger button).
I now have a suitable horn-push, and a new indicator stalk with plunger, and I hope to get the horn working!
The boss has an insulating ring on the underside, but no slip ring. The lowermost hub diameter is identical to the SII cowling, so it looks good when fitted.
Is anyone familiar with the Momo wheel on the Alpine? Perhaps it is similar to the popular Motolita conversion. How does the horn connect on those?
cheers
Dave

skywords

Donation Time
I wish I could help. I have four of these cars and not a one has a F$##*% horn that works. One car I paid close to ten g's for. You would think someone could make the horn work. I just haven,t had the time to really get into the job myself yet. I allways seem to be changing oil, axle seals, or something else

65beam

Donation Time
horns

if you want horns,trash the original horns.they're JUNK!they didn't work when new.you could take them apart and clean them but they don't last.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
horns

Don't know about that as I've had the original horns working on my S4 for the past 26 years!:D
Cheers!
Steve

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
mine work fine, now that I've dismantled, brushed off the rust, removed the ants nest, and re-tuned them (the neighbours didn't think much about me doing that...)
I just need that slip ring, otherwise I guess I'll use a flexible cable.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
horns

Not only have my originals in my S4 been working for 26 years, but they also work in my S3 project car, and in the S5 maybe project car outside under the tarp! Never had any real issues with them. Maybe they really like me!:D

Cheers!
Steve