• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Home, safe and sound

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I just arrived home after a uneventful and thoroughly enjoyable drive back from Nashville. Despite threatening clouds and a rotten forecast, I left with the top down, figuring I might as well enjoy what I could. I stopped about an hour out for gas and it started drizzling while I was pumping. I put the top up, figuring this was the leading edge of the thunderstorm and headed back out. The drizzle only lasted about 30 minutes and changed to cloudy then a mix of sun and clouds, so I pulled off and put the top down again. The rest of the drive was windy, but a beautiful fall mix of sun and clouds. A perfect day for a drive in the Alpine. A great end to a great weekend.

I know I will forget someone here, but my thanks to Steve Silverstein for planning and hosting us in his native home (and, welcome back Steve!), to Todd Norby for the great way he handled his Presidential duties, and to Tiger Tom and Tom Hayden for helping me finally sort out the mystery of the vanishing voltage (a bad and potentially dangerous connection at the Amp meter) and for sharing their knowledge with the group on electrical issues and other Sunbeam-related issues. And, of course, also to Tiger Tom for sharing the Sunbeam Anthem with us. Who knew such a thing even existed? (Those of you who weren't there missed multiple opportunities to learn from Tiger Tom. Those planned and impromptu tech sessions alone were worth the price of admission.)

There is generally a letdown after an Invasion, knowing that I have to wait another year for the next event. However, we only have 6 months this time! See everyone in Columbia in April 2013!

I hope everyone else has as good a drive home as I did. I look forward to seeing a steady stream of 'home safe and sound' messages from all of you.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
We got in at about the same time. Our trip was similar, only we had a 5 minute downpour. Lucky for us, the top was already up!

Had a great time, see you in 6 months.

Bill

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
home safe

Got home around 5:30 no problems. Great job Steve S Todd N and all who worked behind the sceens. You made this a Funbeam Invasion.
I hope to see all again in 6 months, and all the other's that couldn't make it this year. Lets keep it going and growing.

Stephen